Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Courage in a time of a distant tomorrow..

Half way there just isn't going to do. The pins strike sharp and I'm tired of chasing the endless wheels. Stuck in an hour glass with no escaping every grain of time. I'm shaking in my shoes tonight, alone and in the blues. Catch another falling teardrop and stab me right in the heart. Be there for one more night and then disappear for all the other days. Gather all the love you have and keep a little on the side. My love is nothing but shadowed brick walls and there is no more to keep you nice and warm. I'm watching the glass fill up with sand. I'm holding my whole world in my hand. I'm holding it close and ever so tight. Afraid I'll let more slip out of my sight.. Another sunset, another sun rise.. One more cold, dark and lonely. One more tomorrow to put behind. I want my today, my right now.. I need sweet memories and I need the tenderness I've been missing all this time. I'm done with half way streets with unlit freakin' lamp posts. I'm tired of holding an empty hand on my lap that is none other than my own. Courage, gather yourself up. Courage beat it down. Courage scream with ambered fires.. Courage come and claim your child.

No comments: