Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My own happy ending

Here I am.. This is where time breathes. Steal my breaths and squeeze my heart till it just won't beat. For a moment I am gone. The clicks of every clock start ticking and the gears in my head turn once more. All the thoughts are back to haunt me and I am lost from reality no more. Love not what once seemed real for destiny is no more the essence of day. Struck once is more than plenty for once is just all its going to take. Broken wings may mend and fly away but a broken spirit takes more than rest and bandages.. The cast was off too soon before its time, now the bones it worked so hard to hold together shatter just out of grasp. Bit by bit the pieces fall like rain drops in a field so cold. The pieces lie upon the ground like there is nowhere else for it to be. Its long expected home of old of familiar feelings that were all supposed to reach a happy ending built to last. I let down my hair no more and I climb my own stairwell. I slay my own dragons and I stand firm in what I must. My heart is mine and you will not conquer for my sleeve is torn and it will no longer bear the stains on my arm.

No comments: