Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The letter..

Open your scarlet letter. Bring the ink to its light. Let the violet poetry dance in sweet delight. Feel the words surround you cause right now I wish I had my arms around you. Thoughts swim inside my mind, like shadows they are so alive. Spinning in circles of symmetry. Touch that seal and feel my lips pressed together in a kiss. Something said once in some kind of story. Now I feel the world is without me. Because when I found you it's been just you and me. I feel we've danced once upon a distant dream although your smell still lingers on me. Remember when the big ball stopped spinning when both you and I just stopped breathing. When all in time did not matter and all we had was each other. All the actors around us are lost in awe as you and I teach them how to soar. Some sit back in jealousy as they judge with eyes so wide and green. I'll hold you close to my heart because one day this letter will crumble apart. The words in ink will fade away but these feelings inside me will remain. The simple things carved into my heart, like initials on an oak tree but with a silly start. Remember always to open each letter, breathe the ink that I put to paper. Feel my kiss on every sentence and live the day knowing I'm better. You make it worth living the day because you are the poet shadow prancing in my head. Someday I'll join you and we'll sing in the rain but now I'll let you linger. Like a phantom that guides my weary hand.

No comments: