Saturday, June 11, 2011

Endless..

There's a girl sitting in a deep dark corner. Nobody sees her but I hear her call my name. There in the silence she grins on her own and lies in total absolution from all truth and blame. There is a secret waiting to break free. A secret set of wings that are waiting to spread. All that stands between her and her freedom is but a moment. A glimpse of a wish she once made. The curl of her sleek black hair lies in place by her cheek. The make up that hides the lines of the tears she once shed. There in the mirror she sees her reflection.. She sees beauty beyond all she had imagined. Beauty once lost in the shadow of doubt. Beauty once thrown away by a heart once pure. Looked past all the good in the light and fallen straight into shame and endless storms of blame. Maybe it took too long. Maybe it was worth the wait. Strangers that encountered love in a friendship held so dear. Tonight belongs to me as tomorrow will to you. The night is no longer ours because I'm done giving in to you. I'm done being the bleeding sleeve in all your endless heartaches. I'm done shielding my heart from what I know was to be. The time caught up to us and now it's time to face your demons. They whirlwinds in you have come to haunt you and my love, I cannot solve what is yours to learn. I cannot wake you up from this nightmare you put us in. My sunrise is mine to watch and if you're ready to face today, my sunrise will be ours to share. No more night skies and starry strolls. No more running from demons to shadows. No more secrets, no more separate lives. If you're ready we'll let our hearts stop competing to survive but finally let them combine and rise.. I love you now and always will and that is all I can bring myself to say..

No comments: